We are excited to announce that Malcolm Page is our 2019 mystery guest for the E Scow Blue Chip on September 20th - 22nd on Pewaukee Lake.
Malcolm Page is our Chief of U.S. Olympic Sailing, the head of the U.S. National Team and overall U.S. Olympic sailing effort. Malcolm is widely considered the most successful Olympic-class sailor in Australian history.
E Blue Chip Editor’s Note – If we listed all the major Championships Malcolm has medaled in, this bio would be three pages.
• During his time in the Men’s 470, he won back to back Olympic Gold Medals in 2008 (Beijing Games) and 2012 (Athens Games), each with a different skipper (a feat accomplished by very few across our sport and by no American yet).
• From 2001 to 2012, Malcolm stood on the Podium in ten 470 World Championships, winning Gold in six (again a feat no one else has achieved).
• In 2011, Malcolm was honored with a place on the Australian Institute of Sport’s “Best of the Best”, the highest honor given to Australia Athletes. At the time, he was the first and only sailor to earn that honor.
• In October of 2016, he was inducted into the Sport Australia Hall of Fame.
• Three-Time Olympic Sailor – 2004 Athens, 2008 Beijing, 2012 London
• Olympic Gold Medal – 2008 Games in Beijing (Men’s 470 Class with Nathan Wilmot)
• Olympic Gold Medal – 2012 Games in London (Men’s 470 Class with Mat Belcher)
• Eight-Time World Champion (Men’s 470: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012; ISAF Games: 2006; Open 420: 2004)
for more information.